Data Science and Engineering majors are required to complete the following Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) courses:
All Data Science and Engineering majors must also complete the following:
- MATH 2110Q and 2210Q;
- One of MATH 3160; STAT 3025Q, 3345Q, or 3375Q;
- One two-semester laboratory course sequence from either chemistry or physics. Chemistry: CHEM 1127Q–1128Q, 1137Q–1138Q, or 1147Q–1148Q; Physics: PHYS 1401Q–1402Q, 1501Q–1502Q, or 1601Q–1602Q.
- One additional science course from the following list (but not in the same department as the two-semester sequence): BIOL 1107, 1108, or 1110; CHEM 1127Q, or 1128Q; PHYS 1401Q, 1402Q, 1502Q, 1601Q, or 1602Q; ERTH 1050, or ERTH 1051 and 1052;
- A minimum of four courses totaling a minimum of 12 credits from the following list: CSE 2102, 3400 or 5850, 3800 or 5800, 3802 or ECE 3431, 4705, 5520, 5713, 5820; BME 3401 or 4810; ECE 4131, 4132; STAT 3965 or MATH 3170;
- Additional elective courses to reach a minimum of 120 credits.
Further details and course sequences are given in the Data Science and Engineering Guide to Course Selection.